View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ouch - I feel for you! I can't address the rotator cuff issue, but since I'm the "queen of grace" I can talk about shoulder dislocations (which many times lead to the tear) - since I've had four (yep, count em) since 1989...oh, and I've had them on both sides, but never at the same time, thank goodness.

We suspect this last one left rotator cuff damage, but the doc didn't really want to proceed with MRI, etc. He felt that PT and at-home exercise would be good for this time. He warned me, though, that "next time" I would need surgery. His problem with the surgery was that he felt it was like patching a tire - you can fix it, but it will still never be as strong.

When I dislocated my left shoulder (this one was in 1996) I remember getting a very painful frozen shoulder, and I was given a cortisone injection to help...it WORKED. If that option is given to you, you may want to consider it! Of course, now I'm left with this annoying "pop" in my shoulder...but I was able to rehab both arms to the point of being able to do pull-ups again.

Best of luck to you - there are MANY here who feel your pain!
siualum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote