Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy New Member

Hi Everyone:

I'm a divorced 56 year old mom of 3 (2 girls - 31 & 29, 1 son - 27) and grandma of 5 (brothers - 13 & 10, twin girls - 6 & their sister - 20 months) who has battled major depression since 1998.

I'm going through a major relapse right now. I found this site when I was searching the web for any new information that might possibly help me get through this rough period. I currently take mirtazipine (Remeron) at night and Effexor in the morning. My psychiatrist increased my Effexor in December and we're still waiting to see if there's any improvement (none noticed as yet), but I see my counsellor weekly which helps. (I'm lucky to have found a clinic that provides both these services out of the same office AND it's covered under my health care plan!)

I'm trying everything I've learned over the last decade to try and manage this relapse - therapy, journaling, exercise, making time for my hobbies, etc. - as well as some new things - mindful meditation - but some days it just seems hopeless to even continue trying - today is one of those days.

Thanks for listening.
Ms Deb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote