Old 01-29-2008, 02:19 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Post dear DJM1

No - we just happened to be the very first time it was out on the market,
brand new drug - all great adverts,
in 2000 I and many others were the first group other than clinical trial group to receive this drug, and there was no warning about anything ...
no gambling - no insanity, no hallucinations no suicide, no sudden sleep attacks, etc...
nothing...no literature... zero info...

sad enough -
that was not the last pill - I took without checking
I read your reply to therese -you take parcopa too? you have not been told it has a sugar in it that is actually a neurotoxin, [aspartame] and the pharmacy doesn't even have a warning on your bottle do they?
- just incase you are a PKU patient do they?
we'll my pharmacy knows but they did not until I told them...
also:

clinical studies usually paid for by the Pharma selling the product...
so it's a great new drug - until it goes published by other doctors etc,
that it has many side effects or complications, not so great for all,
what kills some, may not kill all, but if one died you loved -that would be too many...
now if you look Mirapex up you will see complications and warnings -
but the only thing I was told is that it could drop our blood pressures...
and that happened -so they offered me a pill to raise my blood pressure,
and I could see where that was headed because I was a pharmacy technician...to another pill until I had so many pills -similiar to the
packets I filled for the seniors - for whom I felt so badly...

in 2000 no information - you have it now because of PD patients have horrid side effects or suicide
- like all those who are now sueing for many deaths caused by many drugs... that the FDA ok'd,

there is no drug that doesn't have a side effect... none.
GDNF was a protein that keeps the brain healthy actually long ago it received a *Nobel* by a woman scientist and one man -
I knew a few the study PD people and the scientist and some of the doctors at the University of Kentucky...were the people unbelievable lost...
mistrial should have been declared -
there was no evidence of the death of monkey's or tumors or whatever the heck Amgen wanted to say ( it was a paid for done deal)
and sadder still actually no dead rhesus monkey's to be found at the University of Kentucky...
no sireee...

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by lou_lou; 01-29-2008 at 03:59 PM.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote