View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles View Post
Hi, I also have ms and am from msw. Just found this place because of msw leading me here. I recently began a thread 'new member intro'. We have a little in common, doncha think!

There really is no one else to talk to in the 'real' world unless you know someone who is a survivor. Nobody gets it, I find that pretty difficult.
yes, we must have missed each other on MSW. But hey we get to connect here.

It is difficult. I have some good friends but I see it in their eyes when I let some thing slip out, that not quite poor you but kinda like.

I was blessed to have helped a customer where I worked, she locked her keys in the car and I offered to drive her home to get her spare set, she was a dear sweet older woman. We got to talking 'cause she was surprised I knew where her road was and I said I lived nearby w/ my 1st DH.

She asked his name and we found out she was the mother of one of his childhood friends that I didn't really know. They knew of his death and the cause but she was very sweet to me. She had had a nephew who commited suicide so she "got it".

We talked about my DH and good things that we both remembered about him. It made me realize how much I missed that connection. I haven't seen her since but it was nice to have met her.

It is strange to think that you need to find people to talk to about something so personal.

Thank you for your responce.

You learn to be a man and a warrior by sharing and by keeping promises. Kenneth Maryboy

DX w/MS 2/12/07 on Copaxone 3/07
ckepi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote