View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

This is a huge laundry list, pointing very clearly to MS. However, the only people who would know that to be true are those that have MS, treat MS, or have researched MS very thoroughly.

I know people who've had those kind of symptoms for many years, some of whom are in wheelchairs now and still don't have an answer. The reason is that the doctors can find no objective evidence that something is amiss, like lesions (of the right shape/location/size), O'bands, and/or other clinical evidence. That is what they want to see, and that's it.

Some people are way more in-tune with their bodies then others, and possibly pick up on the signs quicker too. I was able to tune out much of what my body went through for the first 12+ yrs. And since I knew there was nothing out there to treat MS anyway at the time, I really didn't want to know. I even refused a MRI, which could have told the story.

I don't think you have any hope of getting a dx from anyone, until something shows in your MRI and/or a spinal tap, or if you are taken flat out by paralysis or something. Even then, they want to see those tell-tale lesions.

Unfortunately, pursuing this further (as neurological) is only likely to get you labeled by the doctors . . . which is really not a good thing.

Are you getting symptom mgmt medications in the meantime?

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (01-30-2008)