View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My one thought on the pain during PT. I had been diagnosed years ago with TOS. I have had successful surgery but started a relapse last year. My local neuorolgist referred me to a Physical therapist "supposedly" trained in TOS therapy. By my second visit, she "decided" that it was not TOS but a disc problem and began treating me for that. After the second session I qut going. First thing, I SHOULD NOT have listened to her. She screwed me up greatly and my doc was shocked that this woman took it upon herself to "diagnose" me.

I believe most of us want to believe what we are told when someone tells us that what they are doing is going to make you better and that the pain is ok. It will go away after awhile. In my case that was not what happened. When I told Dr. Togut about this he was upset. I was told to do NO therapy. This has been frustrating to me for the past year but, my pain is actually better than before. I want to exercise but am afraid. I have not gained weight, actually have gone from 145lbs to 120. Just can't tone because of fear of pain.

I know alittle pain, as in muscle pain, is ok, but not nerve pain.

As you said, EVERYONE is different and we all need to know our own bodies and know what we can handle. I really want to exercise. I need an appointment with Dr. T. to see what he says.

I hope everyone listens to their own bodies and doctors and does the best to feel better!! Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote