Thread: L D N Check-In
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I've been on LDN for almost 3 yrs now too.

I've had MS for (at least) 17 yrs, as of this May, and have had some hard times along the way. I had two paralysis attacks, and the last one in 2003 left me with considerable damage. I was having attack-after-attack for the 2 year period after that, and things were not looking good.

My neuro and doctor did not recommend the CRABs for me because most of my damage was in the spine. I had only 3 brain lesions, after all those years, but the spinal ones were big and bad.

I started researching other options in 2004 and ran across LDN. It took me 6 months, a threat to go to Mexico to get it, and a very in-depth "risk assessment" paper to convince my GP. At first he rx'd it for a month, then three, and now annually.

I must admit I was afraid to try it because almost no drugs agree with me. I adapted up VERY slowly, got the PURE drug with no fillers, and I went down and up a few times before I settled at 4.5 mg.

The first few weeks, I had amazing changes. I had had a claw hand for 5 yrs already, and it fully recovered. My bladder and bowels had not functioned properly in 2 yrs, and those problems went away. The most important improvement though was that it took away my spasticity pain, which was almost unbearable.

There were other improvements, over the next 9 months, and when I went back to the neuro at that point, my EDSS dropped down a whole point. I've had a few attacks since I started on LDN, but they were nothing like what I've been through before, and I recovered very quickly. The MS has not noticably progressed since I started on LDN either.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
MSacorn (02-26-2008), SallyC (01-29-2008)