View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face Re: More questions Re: 8 yr old recently diagnosised

Hello,

I have been going to the websites I have found on this site. I really liked the "Crying Over Spilt Milk". Anyone here have kids with multiple food allergies like milk, wheat/gluten, corn, peanuts, and eggs? I am finding it challenging to find food without all five of these ingredients. I did find rice chex for cereal. But wonder since Joshua has such a strong reaction to grasses if this will affect him too. So far, we don't know what IGE reactions he is having to the foods, since we don't usually see any outward allergic signs. Can IGG reactions impact as IGE reactions but not show up as an immediate reaction? I do now notice that his ears do change red when he ate a food at school with one of these ingredients. I just got the doctor's script for eliminating the foods. How does one get the school to make lunches free of these foods. My son is on an IEP and is in the Level 3 placement. It will be really interesting when they go to McDonalds and other places and get lunches there. Is there any fast food places that anyone can recommend to be free of these foods on some of their menu items?

I will also look into some of the recommendations on the can't breath...website. I hope some of these will help Kayla, since she has many of the symptoms listed there. We have been using Soy milk in place of dairy. But, I know the school isn't following this diet. Our doctor wouldn't write a script but referred us to the allergist to do it instead. So, I will call them tomorrow to see if they will do it. I Hope. Any ideas of lunches for school which do not have to be refigerated or cooked. This is our schools regulations... Which I think will be difficult to do.

Also, does anyone know of any financial programs that will assist in paying for the speciality foods since they can be expensive when you are putting your whole family on them. My oldest son also came back milk, egg, and wheat allergy. Are there foods you can make that do not need special ingredients, like snack foods minus (wheat, corn, peanuts, milk, eggs).

Thanks

Diana
specialneeds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote