View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
I went and read it too. I agree that he is stumped and I don't think evoked potetials are going to make a difference. What you say about your LP results leads me to think you need a second opinion. At this point, if you have MS, it's not ready to show it's ugly face yet and if a second opinion gets you no where, it may be time to stop until something dramatic happens.

I'm not sure how old you are, but I do know in my early 30's MS was suspected with me but the MRI was clean as a whistle. Now all these years later, I only have two lesions. I consider this good as my brain is not being eaten away.

I do know that when I walked away years ago, I went on to have a really good life, free of worry. But my eye problem has NEVER improved. I learned to live with it....not happy about it, but there is no 'cure'....so I had to move on and survive.

I, like you, want to know....I want treatment if I need it....but if you can't prove that you have it with your tests, you are not going to be treated for MS.

All that said, I don't know what to do about your sx. Cymbalta and some RLS med's may be the answer for now....as well as that second opinion!!
Thank you, BTW I'm 34.
When I 1st had these problems come up about 4 years ago I saw a Dr and had an MRI and blood work she didn't see anything wrong but treated me with pain meds, muscle relaxers, Lyrica & Cymblata. This went on for 2 years until we moved. So I winged off the meds to see how I would do, after all I gained about 60 pounds from the meds and wasn't feeling well most of the time. I continued to have SX the whole time, on meds or off but didn't worry about seeing a Dr until last month when 1/2 my body went numb and went to the ER where they told me I had to see a neuro because something wasn't right.

I feel like I just need to go back into hiding and try telling my self nothing is wrong with me until 1/2 my body goes numb again.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote