Thread: Hair Loss
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Hair Loss

In the thread, Symptom Migration: My Story, I wrote about how antioxidants can protect against symptom migration. I have written a lot about the role of oxygen free radicals (OFRs) in this disease, and have long believed that these OFRs are responsible for my hair loss too, but couldn’t find a way to prove it.

I self-experimented by combining a tiny amount of the antioxidant, DMSO, with a large amount of hair conditioner, and I lost chunks of hair: Don’t try it. I tried distilling grape seed extract (GSE), but that didn’t work either.

Then I saw a hair-color commercial advertising it contains antioxidants: My daughter read every shampoo label at Wal-Mart and finally found one that had the word “antioxidants”; she bought it, I tried it, and I noted a significant decrease in hair in my brush.

But I began too late. Shampooing had already become too difficult for me. I had to ask my wife to cut my “Willie Nelson” hair because I couldn’t keep it clean and brushed anymore. (Yes, I’m that weak and still getting weaker). Normally, I wouldn’t say anything until I was certain, but I can’t do that this time; it would never get said, so:

I’m suggesting that anyone concerned about hair loss try using NEXUS Aloe Rid shampoo.

Try it for a couple weeks and see if it works for you. If it does, you might want to read my symptom migration story again; you might decide to spend $10.00 or so a month on GSE to see whether I’m right about that too.

A lot of things can cause hair loss, but if this shampoo prevents it, OFRs are to blame. I think they’re to blame for symptom migration too, and I wish prove it but I can’t. All I can do is say that it is too late for my hair, but it might not be too late for you…Vic

If naming a specific brand violates the TOS. I hope the mods will replace it with the words “trying any shampoo that has the word antioxidants on the label”.

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by Vicc; 01-30-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: just being me
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (02-09-2008)