View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Joelle,

Welcome to the forum.

My husband was disabled for most of our marriage. We were married 34 years and 7 months when he died 14 months ago.

He had back surgery along with enphezema and heart problems. I became disabled after 17 years of our marriage. It was kind of like the blind leading the blind. When he was really sick I would take care of him and when I was really bad off he was taking care of me. Whoever felt the best that day did what they could do. I believe that is how we all have to do to get through life when it throws you a curve.

It's a blessing that you have your husband and other son to help you. Our only daughter has stood by us the whole time. Thankfully she married a wonderful man that is ok with what she does for us. I feel bad sometimes because she does have to do so much though.

I am glad you found the forum. You will find a lot of support here and enjoy everyone's company.

I forgot to say my daughter became my paid caregiver about 4 years ago and she took care of both me and he dad. I was thankful she could get paid to do it.

I always worry about her getting down because she takes care of me and another lady with MS but I think because we all laugh and enjoy each others company that helps keep the caregiver going.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jodylee (01-31-2008)