View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 02:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks

It is good hear from someone out there with the same kind of problem.That is so wierd. On Christmas Eve I woke up with my left eyelid swollen. They thought I had a sinus infection and possibly pinkeye but I had no itching just throbbing pains and just pressure behind my eye. I had a headache over my eye in my eyebrow and left temple throbbing but no sinus congestion. I took two rounds of antibiotics and eye drops (which made my eye feel better) but my eyelid was still swollen just not as Rocky Balboa big. Finally it is just now better and normal looking. I knew when the antibiotics did not work there was something up with my eye. I would lay in bed at night with throbbing in my temple so bad that I would have to lay on my right side as I could feel the blood pumping in my temple. I thought that pressure would make it better. They wrote it off as TMJ because I do have that badly but with the cyst in my sphenoid sinus and the colloid cyst both being close to my optic nerve that really makes me wonder with my swelling. I have never had that with my TMJ headaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discododi View Post
Hi Crystal,
I had a colloid cyst removed Nov 2000. I had been having very bad headaches, and my pcp diagnosed sinus infection for quite a few months. Finally, he sent me for a CT scan. Cyst was found. He said, "nothing to worry about." Meanwhile, headaches progressively got worse, my family and I moved back to the big city, and life went on as normal until the cyst stopped me in my tracks. I awoke one morning with the "Mother of all Headaches". I went into the bathroom, turned on the light, and could not see from my left eye. I was later told the cyst was pressing on the optic nerve, thus causing the temporary blindness in that eye.

I was sent directly from my neurosurgeons office to the ICU to await him rearranging his schedule for my surgery.

I had a pretty long recovery process, but I am doing very well today. I see you work in the medical field, which can be either a blessing, or a curse. (I am a Nurse, and actually was scared to death of the surgery!)

At the time of my surgery, my son was 7 years old. He was an enourmous help to me after my surgery.

Please ask any qestions you may have. This is a very serious cyst, and I don't understand how there are still doctors out there who don't recognize it! Take Care, Dodi
crystal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote