View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I for one believe Fibro is real...

But with many docs, their education about it has not advanced to current standards. For some professionals it ends after med school/internship or residency. No new thinking whatever. Some of us are lucky enough to have docs that don't close the book once in practice.
Here is an interesting site: http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/index.html
The symptoms, diagnosis, and associated conditions aspects are interesting and enlightening. These three portions of this site clear up many aspects of FM that overlap, or not with PN. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt?
Don't forget, Neuropathies were merely 'in your head' conditions/diseases/symptoms too, until fairly recently.
I know several fibro sufferers who are as bad off as we are, but in slightly different ways and I truly feel for them.
Mrs D, a question....is this one of those pain reflex reactions where the pain signal is triggered to ON and doesn't turn OFF? That's what I'm getting, sort of like some chronic muscle spasms, except it's 'nerve spasms'?
I hope this does [or doesn't]clarify things to some degree. It does for me. I think.
Good thoughts to all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jarrett622 (02-12-2008)