View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Ron, I almost have to ask: Is it...

animal, vegetable, or mineral?
I am no doc, but in learning from folks here, some extra facts mite help make your problems clearer. Numb football sized spot on your leg...OK how long? had anything different happened in your life right before or, even a while before the numbness started? Things like falls, accidents, pneumonia or the like? Maybe a flu shot a month or two before? These all have been known triggers of all sorts of numb issues. Also, you say you are on blood pressure meds for how long? IF the numbness started rite after going on the pills I'd web up that meds' 'prescribing information' and read all, I do mean ALL the fine print! [Turns the brain to peanut butter, but the problem mite be there] Read up on any/all meds you are on... Sometimes med A and med B don't get along...sometimes taking either med with some supplements isn't good either, combining meds all at once [like chugging all the pills in the AM] can either cancel the good effects or make some things worse[not often, but, it happens].
That all said, I would start and have a thorough exam by your GP. You'll probably get the standard blood letting and maybe some other tests for heart and an MRI or two. Better to start things down the road and find out what all it is-now, before it could possibly ever become a big thing [it probably isn't]. If you have a smart doc, they will be happy you got there so fast. Even better, you will be too!
Let us all know what happens! I don't know about others, but I sure learn from other folks experiences! Their experiences have helped me live with my issues. All folks here are a good bunch! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote