View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Darn...I just accidentally backed out of this and lost my post. I'll give it another quick go.

Meanwhile..may I suggest a new post titled something like this to draw out some more responses.

wheat, corn, peanuts, milk, eggs free- HELP!

I was also going to suggest vising the Child Neurology board..as I think some of them are very well educated about the ins and outs of IEP's in the school, perhaps not in regard to food, but in general some really know the law.

I do believe the school has to provide for your child if you have a doctor's script, but I think most of us feel we wouldn't really trust the school to provide safe food...so just send our own lunches and keep snacks/treats available. I think you would just need to be very involved to make sure they get it right!

I thought that one can save receipts and deduct the food expenses as a medical cost, but I'm not sure many do it. I've heard the hassle isn't worth it, but maybe someone else here knows differently. [oops...maybe in UK or Canada???? I don't of anybody personally who does this]

I think others here will be able to help with snack ideas, too. Here are some recipe sites... I think the Paleo recipes might fit most of what you need, and the GF/CF ideas will be a good start, and then just watch out for the other problem foods.

Paleo Diet Recipes
Gluten Challenge :: Gluten, Dairy, Soy free Menu, Lunches and Snacks Plans!
Recipes4US - UK - Special Diets
GFUtah GFCF Recipes
GF/CF Recipe Forum

You might be able to find some info about handling schools here, too. It looks like they have some info.
The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN)

But..make a new post about help with dietary restrictions. I know Judylv's son has many restrictions, and others here as well.

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 10-04-2006 at 10:49 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote