View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Scs

Hi Beth, I am so sorry to hear all this. It is so sad. However, I am not surprised the leads moved. When I was going to have a SCS put in, just before WC denied it (!!!! no surprise), my doctor had told me the less active I was, the more likely the leads wouldn't move. I wouldn't even be allowed to reach in the cupboard for a glass, bathe myself, twist, turn or take care of myself at all. I was to be bed to chair for the whole trial so leads wouldn't move as it takes a few weeks for them to scar into place.
So I was surprised you went to a game of some sort ?? I am sorry, I forgot where you were going that night.
Maybe the rules have all changed in the past 2 yrs, I don't know.
Maybe you could ask your doctor if it would be better to stay pretty much quiet and let others do for you until the leads are secured into place, which I was told would be a few weeks. I only makes sense to me that being active or twisting and turning, will pull them out of place.

I know for me when the pain went bodywide, the stim was off the table and authorization for an intrathecal pain pump (like Colleen has) was requested.
Of course WC denied it. I've talked to several people who love theirs. I don't know if you've thought about it or not. I was hoping I'd be able to go back to work if it helped me as much as the trial did.
I hope you will be at peace with your decision.
You will be in my prayers. You have had a very rough time, and I was so happy to hear of your victory in court and now this .
Hope
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote