View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Saw my neuro today...

I just got back from my neuro's office. All we did was talk today about what's been going on. He didnt do a neuro exam because of my knee.

Told him I'd had a few issues, but that for right now, the MS hasnt been too bothersome. Forgot to tell him about the big annoying patch of numbness on my right thigh (probably because the numbness seems to "hide" when I go to the neuro and I forget about it if it's not picking on me at that particular moment)

Also told him my right eye is bugging me (annoying Uhthoff's phenomenon, so it's probably not anything that's actually active)

Mentioned to him that my hands go numb when I'm sleeping and it wakes me up a couple of times a night. He said that it might be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (I had surgery on the right hand in the early 90's) and that we could do a test for that to make sure it's CTS. He said that if I wanted to, the next time I go for a visit (in late April) he could have an EMG (?) test set up and we could test for CTS or something involving the ulnar nerve or the brachial plexus then. If I test negative for those 3 problems, then he said it would be an MS-ish thing. Said it was an expensive test (they hook up electrodes to your arms and make your fingers twitch...did that 20yrs ago)

So, I just have to decide if I want to get hooked up to the electricity for that. I have a few months to decide if I want to subject my insurance company to paying for an expensive test. I guess I'll see how annoying my hands going numb while I'm sleeping gets.

Otherwise, my neuro visit was pretty boring. (that's a good visit...because if it wasnt boring, then I'd have problems)
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote