View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMonkey View Post
Sorry, guys. Another Q for you about MRI's. My Neuro ordered a c-spine with AND without contrast. When I called to make my appt for it, they basically told me that they only will do it without.

My question is, my insurance is going to be terminated in a month. This is my last chance for awhile to get my testing done, I want it done right. How much of a difference will it be if the only do it without contrast?? Will the lesions still show up, just not glow?

Thanks!
First off, why is the MRI center doing the MRI contrary to YOUR doc's orders? They don't get to make that decision. Since when are THEY your doctor????

W/ and w/o contrast is done for a reason. To show if you have enhancing lesions, right now. The lesions will show, but any new ones won't enhance without the contrast.

I'd be on the phone with your doc right now letting them know that the MRI center is doing the MRI contrary to his orders.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MamaMonkey (01-30-2008)