View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Humm...Or...better

yet, cursed?
I for one am eternally grateful to all the PN sufferers from either diabetes or chemo side effects who have spurred research into a far faster pace than would otherwise occur. Obviously, the current leading PN association cum 'leader' is interested in some but less universal 'research' options. Organizations such as NORD [rarediseases.org] and many other resources show far more advocacy on our behalf.. Yes, I admit totallly...I AM getting off topic, but, in terms of our, OUR keeping an eye on other medical conditions/issues/diseases...whatever...IT IS IMPORTANT! Especially that we know about what is going on with these issues, but also how it can and will impact us!
The whole diagnosis problem [with all the shortfalls] is totally compounded by the lack of medical education UPDATEs on the part of soo many medical professionals.. It makes finding a really GOOD, KNOWLEDGEABLE practictioner in any field a rare and treasured find -for us!
Honestly, common sense would dictate that IT SHOULDN"T BE SOO HARD TO FIND/DO! So, someone tell, me, other than 'beauraucacy' why, is it not so? I guess I would also have to ask the AMA why they do not have some sort of patient feed-back or consumer quality control format in which patients can ask relevant but not necessarily legally connected issues....as in 'What are the standards for a doctor in this particular specialty?-What kind of expectations should I have for a professional in this field..and if same physician doesn't show such standards...what can I do? Am I merely short sheeted? I do know that I've felt that by some 'former' neuros, but how does one complain constructively...?
Back to fibro?
I am feeling dense, Is a Fibro spasm similar to a muscle spasm in that it doesn't 'turn off' unless manipulated? - I've had these,, and big-time. I am merely trying to make pain 'connections' in relation to pain hither and yon. Thanks all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote