View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default About time....[ politely]

Taboo[ Oxford English Dictionary.......[adjective] not to be done or used or talked about. [Btaboo [/B]noun...[from Tongan tabu= Sacred.
The above description depicts the word SUICIDE in all it's oppressive, disturbing, and in-humane ways.
Yes we as humans we don't like the word, we are repellent to the act, committed by others, and dubious of the acts intentions.
'Was that person ill', 'did they really have nothing to live for' 'was life really that bad', 'i never knew there was anything wrong' etc..etc...

When we are alone by ourselves, despondent with our lot... diss-enfranchised, by life.. ignored by our loved ones, castigated by our peers, can we all not , for a split second think ' i don't want this life anymore'

Those of you reading this and saying NEVER, NEVER.... sadly until you meet your maker you will never know what's around the corner.
There is a saying 'There but for the Grace of God go I'.........Wisely this means given ay minuet, any hour, day, week, month.... life can change... your choice's in life change...your out look on life can change.. above all Your MIND /BODY can change.

scenario

Could you MURDER..?. Could you kill your self? [ answer both questions truthfully].................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Scenario 1............you come home to find your loved ones dead, and a deviant predator blood stained , sitting at your dinner table laughing. You have a gun in your possession... Do you Kill him? if yes you can MURDER.

Scenario 2............You are made redundant from your job, go home to hear your spouse has a terminal illness, later to find one of your children have been killed in a road traffic accident. If you for one split second think your own death would be the solution, YOU, COULD ALSO COMMITT MURDER. only Taboo calls it suicide.

These feelings believe it or not are in us all.... we just need the circumstances in place, and the choices, removed...........

Mommas'Kids,...........thank you so much....

Addy........i wish to god some one had stumbled across my words 16 years ago..[ but what you say is still very true]

Vic...............Please don't take this the wrong way.... You read the Title of this link............What made you reply... if it was repulsion to the thought people advocate Suicide, IBM sorry... on here we all want to rid the earth of this tragic culminations of torture....[ whatever the reasons, sometimes no reasons] If for any other reason please talk about it..

We are all adults we choose to visit this forum, and we should all understand sadness is abound... but realise that its all around.

When Taboos are challenged they become the norm,...education...etc...

EDUCATION IS THEWAY TO ALTER THE MINDS OF, OURSELVES, AND OTHERS.
Listen to your own pain,
  1. hear others
, together we can all make a difference.

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (01-30-2008), Alffe (01-30-2008), ckepi (01-31-2008), Curious (02-02-2008), Mark56 (09-04-2010), Nik-key (04-13-2008)