View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update on my son

Hi everyone.
Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. My son came out of it ok. He was discharged last night. He was in a lot of pain for the first 24 hours, but it seems to be under control right now. They sent him home with a children's liquid narcotic, which helps. Unfortunately, it made him sick today. But he's on anti-nausea medicine, so hopefully that will clear up. His surgery only took about 40 minutes. They let me be with him until he was out, which was great. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Freischlag andher team. Absolutely great. His arm is in a sling and he is afraid to move it at all. I am just hoping that he'll get some relief from the pain, headaches, and swelling and get back to his activities soon. I'll update again in the next few weeks. Talk about stressful. On Friday(the 25th) my mom had emergency triple bypass and heart replacement surgery at hershey med after being helicoptered there on thursday. We have spent the last week living in hospitals and completely stressed out. They didn't think my mom would make it, but she is much better now. She is talking and sitting up, so things look good. thanks again for the wishes.
holhar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-02-2008)