Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
i erin,
i have had 2 CT repairs, in each hand.
it's important to know if it's CT. if it is and the nerve in the wrist gets too compressed, it can cause nerve damage. that can decrease the strength and function in your hand.

you might try using some wrist splints at nite and see if the problem decreases. also, it's common to have sx's in your hands when you drive.

imho it's worth investigating if your problem con'ts.
yeah, I actually still have my splints from when I was trying that treatment out before my surgery (I'm a pack rat, I save all sorts of stuff...you should see my yarn stash..it's out of control and taking over the house)

I have 3 months to decide on doing that test (next neuro visit is end of April) I talked with my dad about it, and I think I'm going to see if the problem gets worse in the next month or so and if it gets worse or doesnt stop, then I'll get the EMG done.

The neuro said that in the right hand, I could have scar tissue from the one surgery that I had. I already know that I must have had some neuro damage from the surgery or the CTS before the surgery. I was taking sign language classes for a few years before the surgery. After the surgery I could no longer do certain signs (some of the letters in the fingerspelling alphabet)
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote