View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 10:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Can you explain the stuttering a bit more? For example, is she getting stuck pronouncing a word, repeating the same word, breaking words up or troubles with word gathering (hopefully that made sense).

-Ellie
Hi Ellie,
I have to tell you that I am so happy that you wrote. Yes, those are the jerks she has. The jerks start and then the racing heart (yes, she can tell when it races and does bug her ) and the stuttering. The stuttering is very pronounced. She repeats word, and breaks them up if they are longer, she totally knows what she wants to say and does not forget words. Her volume changes and you can tell its a ton of work.. She lets a breath out when she is done with a sentence or phrase. I had a video of it on my phone, but its gone. At first, I have to admit that I thought she was faking it, but she really is not like that and how do you fake a racing heart lol. We are waiting to here when her appointment with the neurologist is going to be. I am really excited for her to get those tests. Oh, she is completely aware the entire time these episodes are happening. She has not had one in about 1.5 weeks.

I am going to take a look at the epilepsy link... thanks so much for all your help. I can tell getting on this site is going to be tremendously helpful.
Blessings,
Tina
TinaInGp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote