View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
That's interesting about the memory foam. I had a memory foam pad for about 6 months before I got my first super obvious MS symptom (numbness in the legs, which was promptly ignored by my doctors office)

I had to give my matress pad away because the memory foam made my numb leg problem feel worse. (I actually felt more numb when laying or sitting on my bed) and my arms going numb at night started when sleeping on the memory foam.

I would sink into the memory foam and NEVER MOVE AT ALL at night, and I'd wake up with a hip that was so sore, I wanted to scream when rolling over.

Not sure if I'd do another surgery, the CTS would have to be pretty bad, but at least I could crochet or knit for therapy. (crochet and knitting is therapy for me now...it keeps me from killing people )

For me the downside of the memory foam is it traps heat and that makes me real shaky limbs and head in the morning. I just take off the covers and let the cold room bring my temp down for a minute before getting out of bed. I actually found it helped the hip pain I was experiencing and sleep longer because my hips hurt less.

MS sure is inconsistant as far as experiences go. I too would be crazier without crochet.

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote