View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSacorn View Post
For me the downside of the memory foam is it traps heat and that makes me real shaky limbs and head in the morning. I just take off the covers and let the cold room bring my temp down for a minute before getting out of bed. I actually found it helped the hip pain I was experiencing and sleep longer because my hips hurt less.

MS sure is inconsistant as far as experiences go. I too would be crazier without crochet.

Right now the crochet is driving me nuts. I'm trying to teach myself hairpin lace crochet, and I swear, I feel like I did a year and a half ago when I was trying to teach myself to knit. I've seen hairpin lace done, and you'd think I'd remember how they did it, I seem to be having problems trying to figure out which way to turn the loom. argh!!

I gave my memory foam pad away a few months before I actually got the optic neuritis and before I knew I had MS. I dont think I was experiencing Uhthoff's (worsening of symptoms from heat) at the time, so I'm not sure I was having problems from heat making things worse. If I was, I didnt recognize the signs and dont remember how things were.

My boyfriend's room mate inherited my mattress pad, and I've heard that he totally loves it. Apparently he'd had problems finding a bed soft enough for him. It was a $200 pad and wasnt even 6 months old yet, and I just gave it to him, so he was totally tickled by that.

Tonight the numbness that was hiding from me has reappeared...yeah...now that I'm not at the neuro's office... my legs feel weird, and my sore knee/leg has decided to hurt me like crazy AND be numb...why it cant be painless and be numb at the same time I dont know.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote