View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 03:28 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMonkey View Post
Sorry, guys. Another Q for you about MRI's. My Neuro ordered a c-spine with AND without contrast. When I called to make my appt for it, they basically told me that they only will do it without.

My question is, my insurance is going to be terminated in a month. This is my last chance for awhile to get my testing done, I want it done right. How much of a difference will it be if the only do it without contrast?? Will the lesions still show up, just not glow?

Thanks!
When I had my spinal MRI done, my one good vein had been blown the day before by a nurse who nearly left the needle in my arm when she was removing the syringe.

So, when I went the next day for my MRI, they couldnt get any contrast in for the With Contrast part of the MRI. They were able to see "something" on the MRI, but they just couldnt see exactly what the "something" was. So, I had to go back about a week later with a healed arm from the blown vein, and that time they got the contrast in and the two lesions that I had (C4 and T12) were all shiny and lighting up the place like a christmas tree. (and a week later, I got my diagnosis.)
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote