Thread: undiagnosed
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 03:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default undiagnosed

Hello everybody!

My name is Debra and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I am currently undergoing tests to confirm (or not) diagnosis of maybe peripheral neuropathy or multiple sclerosis.

My symptoms are numb and tingling feet with shooting/stabbing pain and parenthesis of my hands. Had problem for about 2 months - recent MRI showed 10 white matter lesions.

Tomorrow I find out results from VEP and further blood tests. Not looking forward to it as I understand that if the outcome is PN, then generally there is an underlying cause (none of which are palatable to me).

My feet are driving me crazy - each step is hard as not only does is hurt but I feel as though I have something in my shoes when I don't. Also have pain in my calf muscles, particularly at night.

Hope I'm not boring you all - I haven't discussed my condition with family or friends as I don't want to bore my friends nor worry my family.

I'm looking forward to communicating with people who have "gone before me" and experienced what I am going through. Particularly interested in learning how many diagnosed PN sufferers have had an underlying cause of something dastardly. I am, of course, hoping that my cause is idiopathic.

I very much appreciate anyone taking the time to communicate with me and look forward to your posts.

Kind regards

Debra
chantereine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote