View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 04:08 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
First off, why is the MRI center doing the MRI contrary to YOUR doc's orders? They don't get to make that decision. Since when are THEY your doctor????

W/ and w/o contrast is done for a reason. To show if you have enhancing lesions, right now. The lesions will show, but any new ones won't enhance without the contrast.

I'd be on the phone with your doc right now letting them know that the MRI center is doing the MRI contrary to his orders.
I have to agree 100% with Av8rgirl here MammaMonkey. If your doctor has requested both with & without contrast, the Radiology department does not have the right to say they'll only do one or the other.

I've only ever had mine done with contrast here in Australia, but I understand that you guys don't always get that option. If I had the choice to make I'd always take "with contrast" because I believe it shows up much more than without.

During and soon after exacerbations I've found that my "hot spots" have always been illuminated with contrast, and lets face it....that's what most of us want to know about.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote