View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 04:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to site but not to RSD

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed with RSD 5 yrs ago this May. I take Ketamine, Neurontin, Baclofen, Cymbalta, Vicodin, and Lidoderm Patches. I have had so many blocks I have lost count. I also had a pamidronate infusion and I take N-Acetly-Cysteine. I was blessed to be able to participate in the Neurotropin study at NIH. It worked so well that my toes which were stuck up in the air and were fixed returned to their normal position and movement returned to all except my big toe which bends a little. It enabled me to walk again and my pain went to a 0-1. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a doctor who will fill out the paperwork for compassionate use. Liability is the issue. However I believe it still helps and that is why I am doing as well as I am after this many years. I am going for a LSB on Mon and then on Weds I am having a biopsy on my right breast. I have been married for 25 yrs to a wonderful, loving, patient and funny man. We have a 15 yr old son. Did some farming until I got RSD ( see my post under new members). Then sold and moved to the foothills in Northern Ca. We live at the 3000 ft elevation where we enjoy some snow, deer, beautiful tall pines and oaks and peace and quiet. Looking forward to meeting all of you and helping where I can. Take Care
countrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (02-06-2008)