View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Welcome...

Hey,
Welcome to Neurotalk. If you need anything just ask. You will find many caring and supportive people here.

Please let me introduce myself:

My name is Alison, I am 12 years old and I suffer from RSD in my left leg and right arm. I first developed RSD in my leg on the 16th March 2007 after an ankle sprain. After 4 months of physiotherapists telling me to stop imagining the pain, I was diagnosed with RSD, I felt as though my life had just ended. Immediatley after diagnosis my PM doctor performed a "Guanethidine nerve block", which caused me to lose my balance (I can't walk my leg shoots out in front of me)
2 months later my PM doctor prescribed me "Amitriptyline" to try and help me sleep but I suffered from a nasty side effect of "blurred vision", this resulted in a knock to my right arm. My arm began to swell, I got the burning pain, colour changes etc. 2 weeks later, I was diagnosed with RSD in my arm. The RSD in my arm has been into remission, but the RSD keeps flaring up when the weather is cold etc.

Good luck with the LSB and biopsy, I hope everything goes Ok. Please let us know how you get on.
Thanks and pain free hugs