View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question I have a couple of questions/comments:

First..I have found that links to newspapers, die very quickly. For example in our Health News forum, some links are gone after 30 days.

In those cases where there is important data, I've copied the whole article with a link, and including author. I learned this the hard way when I lost a very good
article on Vit C and cancer... I should have copied that one. It is totally gone now and I can't retrieve it.

Secondly--Some places have a "send email to a friend" on the page. Doesn't this mean they allow some copying? For example, I have a membership to ScienceNews, and some articles are not available to the general public.
I rarely, but have copied them here, with citation of course, when I have extremely good data to share. They say right on them--email to a friend.
Isn't that sort of what we are doing...here..sharing with a "friend"?

I always give the author and location of anything I quote. I thought the copyright restrictions applied to making money using others words without permission.

I will say I emailed AAFP (Association of American Family Physicians) for permission to use a picture they have in one of their website monographs.
They give the address to email them. And they never answered me...EVER
So I used it anyway on another board. So if they really cared you'd think I'd get a yes or no! sheeesh.

I tend to not post entire works by others here. That really just wastes bandwidth, and just seems impolite to me. If I find something, then the link is good enough for me. (except where they have very short temporary lives).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote