View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

that is an interesting ditty indeed. it would seem that some docs are looking at immunosuppression as another way to go after ms like they do with cancer.

in fact i believe i read somewhere (but forgot to bookmark it for reference...sorry) that one neuro is putting his/her patients thru a treatment regimen as someone who has been dxed with cancer. (i realize there are different ones...i am not well read enough on cancer tx's to know what all they are)

i often wonder how much mileage the drug companies are trying to get out of existing drugs as developing new ones (especially the monoclonals) will be so expensive.

i also find it interesting that a lot what appears to be cutting edge research and info on ms seems to be coming out of italy.

harry....i wonder if the low numbers are because those that dropped out were not on tysab as a monotherapy?

in other words, were they also on one of the crabs and when problems started showing up they left the study?

i agree there is an awful lot of hype around this drug, and for some it may work well, but we all know that no single drug is going to work for ALL of us.

i still think this is a good drug for some....i am glad it came back to market. the monoclonal market is exploding and we are going to see a lot of new ones in the next 5 years or so i bet.

the way i look at it is even if the relapse rate is no better than the crabs, at least the folks on tysab don't seem to be sick as dogs like most those on the interferons.

like sally said, quality of life counts for a lot.
echo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote