Thread: Plasma TV
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I have a 8 year old Direct Tv Receiver in my living room. (In the bedroom I have two new one's that I can program). no problem, I use 2 little TVs, one which I always tape off of, and the other I watch before I go to sleep at night).

Picture my bedroom, two TVs, two Panasonic VCRs, two Direct TV Receivers.

The right setup is where I tape all my shows on. Because the one remote controls the two tv's, vcr, and cable boxes, I built a cover system for the tv on the right.

So when I finish programming the vcr, I finish programming the cable box, let's say for example, I program the right cable box to tape American Idol, then I want to go to channel 4, after that), I program my cable box to do this. Then I jprogram the vcr, then I turn it off which puts on the TIMER.

Now I have to cover the whole thing, because if I didn't, every time I aimed my remote at the left tv or vcr or cable box, everything on the right side would change too.

So little Old Melody built a system that fits over the right set-up.

So when I'm finished with the right tv and it's all set to tape for the night, I just place my COVER UP THING. (actually it's a cardboard box that fits directly over the tv, cable box, etc.). And so then I can watch the left tv and change the channel, play my tapes, and the remote can't affect the right set-up.

Quite ingenious . I did it this way, because Alan and I tape all the time, and we exchange tapes. you can't do that with tivo and I don't like dvds. I mean I have a portable dvd player but I never use it.

Now here's my question. If we decide to get a brand new 42 inch High Definition tv for the living room (someday, god willing), do you mean, that I simply do not unplug the back of the old tv, and put the plug into the back of the new tv??? I have to get transmitters, or something else.

I mean, what has technology done to us?? lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote