View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Marla,

I did not have to root canal yesterday. Instead I took the information from the rsds.org website and the endodontist looked it over very carefully. He decided to reschedule the root canal so that I can take a sedative to calm the sympathetic system. Then he said he would make sure to keep it numb. However, I am nervous about a spread so I went to the grocery this morning and loaded up on what I gather is anti-inflammation foods. I plan to try this for the next three weeks, along with fish oil pills and cutting out all chocolate (oh boy this one hurts) so see if I can calm down the inflammation a bit.

The endodontist said I do not have an infection, just a very inflammed nerve. That seems to be the story of my life - my ulnar nerve was not impinged like the surgeon thought, but was very inflammed. My gallbladder was extremely inflammed so I had it removed. My arm is all inflammed from RSD. My eye is always inflammed from dry eye. I think this inflammation is making me sick so I tried to figure out where to start with some anti-inflammation changes and I implemented them first thing this morning. Already I am missing my sugarless gum I chaw on and the large quantities of coffee. I just hope this helps calm my system down. I was eating a lot more chocolate than I realized. It seems so innocuous.
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote