View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hmmm...i missed that important distinction....thanks lady.

.... guess i am of the mind that something is better than nothing at this point.

i am unable to take the interferons, had an adverse reaction to copax, and can't go on tysab as i was in a double blind study for rituxan.

(i opted for that study as it has been on the market since 1996 i believe and seems to be showing some promise in studies for auto-immune like ra and lupus)

actually i was signed up to be one of the first to go on tysab in my area this last july.(it was yanked 2 weeks before my first infusion the first time around) but backed out due to a strong gut feeling at the last minute.

i know now (even tho i was not unblinded) i got the real thing as my b cell count is not normal after a year (a plenty long enough wash out time) which means i am suppressed so tysab is off the list for me.

good thing.....i found out about my abnormal b-cell count after what would have been my second infusion.

so i'm kinda hanging around waiting to see what other drugs come up in the pipeline.

there seem to be some interesting studies going on in canada right now and i know centerwatch has one listed for clabridine in the u.s. right now. i believe it is called the clarity study.

i am just a bit frustrated right now i suppose.....lol...we have all been there tho i guess.
echo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote