View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Have to tell you,

This article is so true I believe! For many years I suffered from the dreaded and much discussed Fibromyalgia. Many years. I was tested out the kazoo, and that was the diagnosis. We now know I had the beginnings of sero-negative Sjogrens and sero-negative (proven with xrays instead) rheumatoid arthritis. The rheumatoid is now showing up in my bloodwork whenever we decrease my medicine. I'm now 4 years (or more, who knows) into the Sjogren's and it sometimes takes 7 years or more to show up in bloodwork.....I'm getting off the original subject. Happens everytime I post after I've taken the nightime meds.

Water..hot moving water...is so good for the fibro type pain. I tried a friend's hot tub once. Had to be coaxed into it, but loved it, loved it and slept like a baby that night. So we had the master bath remodeled and put a smaller version (but not too small) of the hot tub put in. Size was not my choice, it was a remodel remember. It was larger than the standard tubs now and it has 4 jets. But I used it like a bathtub. And I slept like a baby the first time I used it. Sometimes went to sleep in the tub. Before the tub, I slept maybe an hour a night and sometimes not at all. I had to quit using it after the knee surgery. I can no longer bend enough to get up and down in the tub. I look at that tub on days like today. (I haven't been warm the whole day) And I long for that thing.

If you can afford this I urge you to do it. I think you will think it's money well spent. Our medical insurance paid for mine. The doctor wrote a letter of medical necessity stating that I needed continous whirlpool therapy and this tub would fill that requirement. Just wish I could get them to pay for one of those that you walk into and sit down. Probably would be as good as one that lets you lie down with a tub pillow on your head.

Billye