View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 11:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Need to up my Provigil :-(

The whole "fatigue" thing is so bizare. When I was first diagnosed, I was taking two naps per day (I wasn't working, so I could work it into my schedule).

When I got to the point that I was taking *three* naps per day, my doctor prescribed Provigil.

I started at 50mg, but soon (2 weeks?) progressed to 100mg/day.

Within ~6 months, I was up to 200mg/day.

I took that amount for about a year and a half...and then I JUST DIDN"T NEED IT!!

Nothing else changed...I just didn't need Provigil.

A few months ago, I started taking 200mg/day again. In the last couple of weeks, I've started noticing that by about 1-2:00pm, I'm dragging.

Tomorrow I'm going to start taking another 100mg at lunch, and see how that goes.

I was pretty happy with my health for quite awhile. I seemed to have pretty decent stamina. I was sleeping well at night. I seemed to be able to accomplish everything I was trying to.

I feel like I'm slipping back to where I was a few years ago...

-Tired all the time.
-Just not quite able to follow the thread of the conversation as fast as everyone else.

I don't feel like I'm in a flare...like I said, I felt like that for a couple of years, and I had IVSM several times during that for actual flares...but the IVSM never touched the fatigue and "cog-fog".

I'm just a little down to think I'm going back to where I was. Back then, I was volunteering in my daughter's kindergarten class once per week.

Now I'm working full time.
Feb./Dec. 2004 - Optic Neuritis
Dec. 17,2004 - Diagnosed RRMS
Feb. 9, 2005 - First Rebif injection
Mar. 7, 2006 - "Copaxonator"
------------------------------------------
Victorya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote