View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i don't even know how i'm still awake as i'm dead tired.

i almost didn't think i'd make it. rush hr traffic was sooo bad. it took me 50" to make a drive of what would have been 5". i got there an hr late. but evidently the 1st hr people mingled and ate.

the mansion was absolutely gorgeous. old old furniture and very ornate pieces. lots of asian influences, chinese figures and jade pieces. lots of chairs were tapestry. everything old. so beautiful.

i ended up wearing black velvet pants and black patent shoes. i wore a pink floral sweater with some beading. silver pink drop earrings, a silver bead bracelet and a pink scarab watch.

my brother was very gracious. he introduced me to the Governor (Ritter) and he shook my hand. Bart said that if it wasn't for me he never would have written the book and the Governor shook my hand harder. wow. i'm really hob nobbing with the elite of Denver.

i didn't eat anything bad. well, only a 1" x 1" piece of brownie. just a taste.

my brother also spent the day at the Colorado legislature and spoke to the body about end of life issues and his book. wish i could have been there.

i'm so proud of him. my parents would be too. my mom's probably in heaven crying tears of joy.

well, to bed. see ya's tomorrow.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann