View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 03:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels in the midst View Post
Dear Mike,
Could you tell me what was wrong with your back that you had this surgery? The neuro told me that there is nothing he can do for me. I beg to differ and I guess I need to get a second oppinion. Arthritis is eating away my lower spine and so it is narrowing very bad on my nerves to my legs. I have severe pain and it all started about late 80's. Now it is so bad that I can't even walk very far, stand or sit as well as swimming. Everyone says to get into swimming but when I am using my legs for a period of time the same thing happens when I walk or sit. Get the picture? So what am I supposed to do, sit back and wait till the nerves are totally pinched and I end up in a chair? NOT! I can't sit very long now. Anyway drop me a line and let me know what caused your trouble. Thanks so much, Angel
Hey Angel, they couldn't actually tell me what was wrong with me (they suspected scoliosis but weren't sure) , there were segments of my vertebrae that had turned black and died so to speak (you could clearly see it on my MRI)....and thus the disc's had shrunken and weren't doing the job anymore, but every other vertebrae and disc looked fine...so they put the rods in and its been nearly perfect ever since.

All the best mate and i hope you find a breakthrough....

Cheers
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)