View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree, narcotic's are not the answer. I too was on Ultram/Tramadol. But unfortunately I've developed an allergy to it so can't take it anymore. But the best advice I can give is to help her to realise that there is a certain amount of the fibro pain that we can force ourselves to deal with. And after awhile our tollerance increases. Hard to believe. Yes there is still pain, but we deal with it and try to just get through each day. For those days when the pain's the worst, I try to use the rice socks to ease the trigger points. A rice sock is just as it says. Take a tube sock and fill it with uncooked regular rice(not instant). Tie off the end and put in microwave for a couple minutes, heat to a bareable temp and place on area which is in most pain. I do that off and on every hour till the pain starts to subside to a bareable amount. I usually have 3 of them ready at all times just incase the pains' not localized. They last for repeated uses and alot cheaper than buying the heat patches.

Best of luck.
Sara
DizySara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote