View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 09:43 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

This question is a very touchy one because the TOS docs are adamant that the nerves involved in TOS are for the upper arms only and do not affect the legs.

HOWEVER, in my own case, early on my left foot on the far left side went numb / pins & needles (5 years now) and they can't explain that.

And for one year both legs had pins & needles.

Last year, both legs would stop working altogether, as did my arms, and I just have to lay down and wait several or more hours until the strength returns to them. Textbook overuse if you ask me.

I have to have a wheelchair if I have an exam where I have to be there at a certain date and/or time so IF my legs give out, then someone can still get me there.

Most of my time, about 90 to 95% of my day, my over-all pain is so high that I can't walk because I am too sick.

One TOS doc said I have a rheumatological disease process that should be my primary diagnosis but the docs simply haven't got a name for it, so they have skipped over it. (I am not joking, nor am I weird, that is what he said.)

BUT, if you discuss this with a top TOS doc, they will so "no, the legs aren't involved with the cervical nerves." They don't get the full picture I think.

Why, what is going on with your legs? Why do you ask this question/ Have you had a full immunological / rheumatological work up to make sure you do not have identifiable problems such as MS or ALS?
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
trixlynn (02-01-2008)