View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 06:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialneeds View Post
One of her brothers had very high IGE Totals at 223.48 and he is 12 yrs old. His Grasses for IGE came back at 26.71 (V) which is very high. Can this cause a severe reaction like food does? If the grass counts get too high? He also has Asthma. On the IGE testing it showed he was allergic to Egg Whites .10 (I), Cow Milk .15 (I), Wheat .59 (III), Corn .31(II), Peanut .51 (III), Ragweed .75 (III). The doctor though he wasn't allergic to Wheat or Corn instead thought it was cross-reactivity. Now, I have read that during pollen season that one can have reactions to the food is the same group. So might he also be allergic to wheat and corn during pollen season?
I also have hay fever (grass allergies). I notice that since I've been getting my food intolerances under control, the hay fever isn't so bad. I think there is only so much the body can handle in terms of immune system reactions. Of the grains, I think rice and millet are pretty safe. Wheat, barley, rye, oats, and corn are pretty common allergens.

Claire