Thread: Today I saw...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Today I saw...

...something out on the ice. At first I thought it was something left behind by an ice fisherman. There's a bunch of shacks off my shoreline, but there's usually not a lot of activity during the week.

Then it moved.

I looked again and I thought it was my cat! I wasn't dressed so I got out the binoculars to make sure before I went charging out yelling at some animal that wasn't my cat...

I got the binoculars focused in and could finally see what was out there. It looked like a wild turkey for a second because it's back was towards me, but then it turned and looked my way.

It was a bald eagle! It was sitting on the ice eating a fish. I am not sure if someone left some bait behind or threw a fish out or what, but there it was, in all it's majesty and beauty, having lunch just off my shoreline! There is no open water here now, so I am still confused as to where it got the fish.

We see a lot of eagles and ospreys during the warmer months, but very rarely in the winter. It flew off before I could get my camera, but I got out my Dad's old Canon AE-1 and the telephoto zoom lens and loaded it up and got it all ready for the next time.

Now I want to put some fish or meat out there tomorrow and see if I can get it to come back so I can get some pics!!

{...I am also glad my cat finally came in cause I was getting a little worried! With the size of that bird, my cat would easily be a snack! I saw one grab a neighbor's cat a few years ago. It flew off and dropped it on some rocks just offshore and then swooped in and it was all over. ...}

On second thought, maybe I will bait it a ways down from my house for the cat's sake!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote