View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 06:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
I can relate. I have a lot of difficulty concentrating on conversations, particularly if I am distracted by doing something else, or if my husband doesn't mute the TV or look at me when speaking. I too thought it might be hearing (as did my husband).
I do too! (Now I'm responding to this thread on two different forums! Hi, Craig!)

I lose track of conversations - I'll say something, my hubby will answer, and before he's even spoken, I've forgotten what it was I said to him. Fortunately my brain is still sharp enough to pick up on the topic from what he's saying back to me, so his feelings don't get hurt. I knew it wasn't hearing - I do pretty well with selective hearing. I'm just easily distracted.

I also had a real problem with losing my own train of thought while I was speaking - to the point where it felt like somebody else was talking! I would start talking, then have no idea what I was going to say - but somewhere in my brain, the sentence was still embedded, and kept coming out. thank goodness this has slowed down - hasn't happened in a while, but I still experience flashes of it.