View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 07:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Laura,
Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry that your husband is having a hard time regarding his seizures. I've had epilepsy for 35 yrs. and just like your husband I saw many different neurologist and a lot of them just pushed the drugs on me which didn't help. I finally went to a University hospital that has an Epilepsy center there and the Drs. helped me the most.
If I may ask when your husband has a seizure do you know what kind of seizure he has? Absence (petit mal), where a person just stares, complex partial where he may stare, see colors in his eyes, smell odd odours, get a nervous feeling in his stomach (simple partial sz.) or maybe a tonic clonic sz. (grand mal).
Many times I've had migraines before and after seizures and I get dizzy once in awhile do to the seizure med I'm taking which can cause low blood pressure. My best advice to you is to call the Epilepsy Foundation in Pittsburg and they can help you out and give you info. Here's there phone number: 1-800-361-5885. Give them a call and give them all the info. and they will be able to tell you what might be going on. You mentioned that your husbands right side is paralyzed if I may ask does he possible have MS I have an aunt that has MS and gets migraines, and no longer can walk epilepsy can happen to some people that get MS. Here's wishing you and your husband the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote