View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have the run of the mill allergies, Aspirin, codine, morphine, Ultram, bee's, horses, and all types of peppers it dosen't matter which ones from bell to chili. It's an acid that's in them all that I'm allergic to.

Now my really weird ones.

I'm allergic to the sun. In the summer if I stay out in sunlight more than 10 minutes I break out in bad blisters which itch, burn and hurt for days. It seems to be worse in the summer than in the winter, but then again I'm more covered during the winter months so less skin is exposed.

I'm allergic to Iodine. Found this one out when we went swimming at Tabby Island in Georgia. Apparently it has the highest concentration of iodine in the water from the sand dollars and oh boy did I look like a strawberry after that day.

I'm also allergic to Magnesium Sulfate. Which is what they give women who go into pre-term labor to stop the labor. For me it induces it rapidly. They had to take the bag and send it out to be tested because I was the only person ever known to react that way when given it. Oh weeee. I'm famous in the medical community for having a backwards system. *sarcasm intended.

And just within the last month I've developed an allergy to peanuts. And now have to go back through testing to see if it's isolated to just peanuts or all or other different types of seeds as well.
Stupid me within 4 days of having the severe reaction to a peanut butter sandwich went and ate a reese's peanut butter cup forgetting until after I finished it that I wasn't supposed to have that anymore and wa-la another attack. I think I'll remember the next time. But I live in fibro-fog so there's no guarantee I'll remember in time.

Now another weird allergy is.

My sister in law is allergic to the cold. She gets the same way I do in sunlight. Its very painful for her. She can't even run her hands in cold water without blistering. Figure that one out.

Sara
DizySara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote