View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Craig et al-

Same sort of issue hear (pun intended). I can get lost and twist a conversation often. What is actually said by somebody can have nothing in relation to what I "hear" them say. It can get pretty funny around home. My husband has a good laugh about it. I'll get hot at something he said; he'll ask me what I heard him say - then he tells me what actually was said in the first place. Ex: He asks Who are you rooting for, Giants or Patriots? I thought he siad You shooting the giant prostitutes? {Go Pats, BTW}

I also can loose what I am talking about midsentence. As I instruct adults this can get pretty embarassing. Sometimes I fess up and just blurt out "What was I saying? I lost my mind." Usually, I just keep babbling hoping it comes back to me. Of course, this makes me sound like an idiot It is really starting to affect my abilities to teach and be seen as a knowledgable person.

The neuro and ENT both agree this is a brain thing. ENT told me that the circuits sort of have to "re-route" to get a round micro damage and thus, things can get scrambled. They said it is common in all sorts of neuro/brain disease or damage. Right now they are really studying it what with all the TBI soldiers (unfortunately they have plenty of test subjects). Currently only can offer the regular aids for help like notes, preparation, coaching, OT and ST etc.

Jane
PS: I think my husband is starting to blame my 'egg-head' to get him out of trouble. Like last night he said "You said to pick up lettuce, not sugar!" Baloney!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote