View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Trying to figure out who to call....

I will try to explain this clearly enough.

I am having trouble with my left arm - again! This is different this time. Last year, it was a definite loss of strength issue and it was pretty constant for a couple of months. I even had a course of IVSM and it still took awhile to go away.

Fast forward to this year and it seems much worse. If I move it too much or get it in the wrong position, the whole inside part of my arm from the shoulder on down to the thumb and forefinger go numb and it feels like all the muscles completely spazz out and tighten.

When that happens, I am temporarily unable to use the arm at all. I just have to wait it out until that goes away. It takes me so long to be able to type because I have to repeat this cycle multiple times depending on how much I am trying to type.

This doesn't seem like an MS type thing because it comes and goes. So, I'm wondering if it has to do with the shoulder injury that I had a few years ago. I fell and had a partial tear in the rotator cuff. I did rehab and everything went back to normal. I haven't done anything, to my knowledge, to reinjure it, but who knows?

This has been going on for about 2 months now and it is getting to the point of bugging me enough to think about calling someone. Does anyone have any experience with a shoulder injury who can tell me if what I am experiencing is consistent with that kind of thing?

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote