View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy View Post
I would be tempted to give this person another chance. My first thought was that she may have been a little miffed that while she was trying to talk you into the exercise program you weren't honest with her at that time.

She may have been embarrassed that she didn't notice, even tho you say there is nothing to notice.

If you liked her and her husband then I say invite them over, after dinner tell her how sorry you are that you dropped the bomb about MS and ask her if she has any questions about you and the disease and then get on with the building of a new friendship.

That's just my humble opinion but if you truly did not like her for other reasons then no reason to pursue a relationship I guess.

Thanks, Sassy. You saved me lots of typing.

I think she genuinely (as genuine as she is) liked and wanted to spend time with you, but was maybe hurt/baffled on why you didn't seem to be warming up to her offer to get together.

I also think she was very humbled by your honesty in the end, and didn't know what to say at that point. Perhaps she was even feeling very bad about anything she might have said , so her mind was just spinning from that point.

I'm not sure you can salvage a relationship as she may be too humiliated. This is the EXACT reason I am very open and honest about the MS from the get-go, so there are no "strange" feelings (on either side) when it does come out. I understand your desire for privacy . . . I just choose to handle it differently.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chris (02-02-2008), Jules A (02-02-2008)