View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Holly

I had the same problem a while back and it was the result of an injury while I was in high school on the gymnastics team! I dislocated my left shoulder. It got so bad that I could not reach up and behind me in the airplane to reach any of the instruments or move the trim tab settings! Now that's bad!!! Laugh all you want, but if one cannot reach the trim tab, then it makes it more difficult to fly the airplane!!!

I finally saw the ortho doc. He did an MRI and I don't remember exactly what he called it, but I he gave me a cortisone shot in the shoulder joint and, after the inital pain wore off, it was able to function just fine! I ended up having another shot about 6 months later and haven't had a problem since.

But my arm would go numb from the shoulder down exactly like you are explaining.
Quote:
If I move it too much or get it in the wrong position, the whole inside part of my arm from the shoulder on down to the thumb and forefinger go numb and it feels like all the muscles completely spazz out and tighten.
Just like this...it was so painful...just my experience with this and long before I was dx'd with MS so I know it wasn't due to that. That's probably why you had some relief with IVSM.

Anyway, I bypassed the PCP and went straight to an ortho doc!!!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (02-02-2008)